How to Create A Music Streaming App Like Spotify
Mobile applications have altered the way we listen to music. The Itunes Store and Google Play provide extensive music listening services.
The market leaders including Spotify , Apple Music, and Pandora have been so popular because they’re only easy and provide decent value for money. If you want to build a music streaming service, however, you need to weigh specific considerations such as authorization, network and others.
Overview of The Music Market
- The global music streaming market is expected to exceed $10 billion by 2023.
- The average revenue per user is approximately $26.
- Spotify has 36% market share of music streaming subscribers.
- Apple claims that 60 million users pay for Apple Music subscription.
How to Build A Music Streaming App
There are several things to consider before beginning the development of music streaming apps. We’ve listed four important points you ought to remember in advance.
- Music Library
Simply put, you can build a server-based music library and under your conditions offer customers access to the music — paid subscriptions or free access.
- Cloud Storage
You let users have their songs stored and streamed anywhere and whenever they like.
- Radio Stations
This form of software has various radio channels, and arranges them with similar themes that can be downloaded to Computer, home audio, or any mobile device.
Steps to Take
Music streaming services allow non-purchasing users to listen to music. You need to get a license to use music content as the owner though.
So you need the Public Performing Rights if you decide to build your own music streaming service.
In the United States one of two agencies can handle this:
- The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- Music Broadcasting Incorporated
- Data Storage
Your marketing department will take care of the data storage before you create a music streaming device. You need a server that allows streaming to the back end. You may start utilizing such services as AWS, for example.
If you wish, you can do without streaming third-party APIs and create an app based on a self-hosted server that stores data. In this scenario, you import your songs onto your folder in a readable tab.
Features to Have
Let’s pick out a music listening device with must-have functionality.
- Please register. To make the process quick and user-friendly you need to offer several options. For starters, signup may be incorporated into social networks such as Facebook or Google. You will also need to add signups for email and password, phone number, and password. The ‘Forget password’ feature makes your app easier to use.
- Searching. Users need to have a search to find the music. Users can search by artist, title, album, studio recording, or genre, for the music.
- Player to music. How to build an app that streams music and attain success? You need to create a music player that’s user friendly. Users can create favorite song playlists, add albums, and mark artists as favourites.
- My own music. The users can browse at and access their favorite songs. They can also create or delete playlists, share playlists, and play through them. You can add the ability to share playlists or songs through social media, too. Integrating a screen for artists with popular tracks and latest albums is common.
It enables subscribers to be controlled, and featured playlists to be developed, and (delete and add). All apps require one admin panel. Web developers require at least 431 hours to build an Admin Desk.
To be effective you must pay attention to the architecture of the UI / UX. Your app design for streaming music should be intuitive and user-friendly. Designers require a total of 150 hours to develop one application (iOS or Android)
Team And Technologies
You ought to collaborate with different experts in developing iOS and Android music listening apps. We have listed the required team members below to give you a hint.
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- UI/UX designer
- 1 or 2 Android developers
- 1 or 2 iOS developers
- Back-end developers
- QA engineer
The cost of producing your own music streaming service (MVP version) for one or two platforms can range between $88,250 and $150,850, respectively. Yet the final price can differ based on the production team’s venue. For eg, North American developers seem to have higher hourly rates as opposed to Eastern European engineers.
We get effortless user interface with new technology and we download music in a matter of taps. This trend is complimented by mobile devices and a stellar Internet connection speed.
If you’re looking to learn more about streaming music apps or create a music app, this article is the right one for you. Below, we discuss industry figures for streaming music, and advice about how to build applications like Spotify.